Tenable will use the funds to expand its innovative security offerings and accelerate global growth – while deepening its research into evolving threats that are becoming a critical trust issue for CEOs, regulators and customers worldwide.
“Security is a mainstream issue – especially with the explosion of mobile, cloud and virtual computing,” said Ron Gula, CEO of Tenable. “Serious network attacks are far more common than anyone wants to publicly admit – and our customers count on us to keep their networks safe.”
Tenable is the top choice for businesses of all sizes, governments and universities to manage network threats. The company’s flagship vulnerability management products, Nessus and SecurityCenter, are used by the most demanding security professionals and compliance auditors at 15,000 organizations worldwide, including:
- The entire U.S. Department of Defense, where Tenable has become the
vulnerability management standard
- 12 of the 14 U.S. Federal Civilian Departments
- Top Financial Services Companies: Barclays, Deloitte, RBS, Morgan
Stanley, T. Rowe Price, Visa
- Technology Leaders: Spotify, Dell, Etsy, Google, Intel, Microsoft,
Skype, Apple, Yahoo
- Top Universities: Brown, Dartmouth, Michigan, Ohio State, Purdue
- Healthcare Leaders: Coventry, HealthSouth, Johnson & Johnson,
Merck, Scripps, Sutter Health
- Key Energy Players: Chevron, Chesapeake Energy, ConocoPhillips,
ConEdison, Duke Energy, TXU
- Retailer Innovators: Chipotle, GSI, Meijer, Diapers.com, Zappos.com
- Media Visionaries: British Sky Broadcasting, CBS, Comcast, Time
Warner, 20th Century Fox
- Telecom Providers: Alcatel Lucent, Bell Canada, British Telecom,
Softbank Mobile, Verizon
Tenable’s user community has 1 million people who have learned the benefits of automated vulnerability scanning through their viral adoption of Nessus.
“Tenable is the thought leader in the rapidly growing and critical area of vulnerability assessment,” said Ping Li, General Partner at Accel, who will join Tenable’s board of directors. “IT security practitioners fight the constant battle to stay ahead of network attacks, and it’s only getting harder. Many of these practitioners globally rely on Tenable for their vulnerability management platform.”
Tenable’s SecurityCenter is the only security platform combining essential active and innovative passive vulnerability scanning, real-time network monitoring, and configuration and compliance management. Tenable’s Nessus, the industry’s most widely deployed vulnerability scanner, provides the deepest database of known vulnerabilities and compliance risks on the market today.