Citrix today released major updates to its ShareFile app for iPad, designed to provide a collaborative work experience on the go. Today’s advancements enhance the company’s popular file sharing service with new IT control capabilities to ensure the security of company data when accessed from a mobile device and productivity features for users. ShareFile for iPad is available immediately for download from the App Store.
“The needs of our customers are at the forefront of every design choice that we make,” said Jesse Lipson, VP and GM, Data Sharing, Citrix. “Our customers – from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies – live mobile workstyles and expect it to be easy to store and share their files and content from anywhere. ShareFile for iPad provides a powerful user experience while meeting IT’s mandate for security.”
What Is New
- Intelligent device security policies: New “poison pill” option
enables IT to set data expiration policies, plus multiple preferences
settings allow IT to decide whether files can be opened in third-party
applications or saved offline.
- Enterprise Active Directory integration: ShareFile for iPad
connects to Active Directory and SAML enterprise identities for a more
seamless and secure user experience.
- Improved auditing and reporting: Enhanced capabilities help IT
to track and log user activity.
- Offline access: Advanced options allow users to save files
locally for offline access and editing.
- Quickoffice integration: Integration with Quickoffice enables
users to edit Microsoft Office documents and save them back to
- Easy access to multiple accounts: Redesigned interface makes it
simple to view multiple ShareFile accounts and folders, providing
users with easy access to all of their data.