Of the numerous platforms available, cloud computing is slowly becoming the next big wave to hit industries and computing professionals around the globe, after Android applications. The cloud computing platform is one of the only ways in which that companies can reach new levels within their industry. One of the growing trends in the world is the rise in open-source cloud computing. Although very handy and easily available, there are factors that one needs to consider before implementing it across the company. We discuss the various problems associated with cloud computing compliance issues.
Plugging the holes in the cloud while you can
Open source cloud has rapidly increased as a mode of communication and storage for most companies around the world. Yet, due to the fact they are open source, there are certain regulatory factors that need come into the purview. Although, open source cloud computing is a conducive and a viable option compared to existing facilities, there are several factors that should be taken care of while on the cloud.
- How secure is your cloud: One of the primary organisations that is ensuring the compliance to security issues is met, is the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA). The latter is a global coalition that represents businesses, apart from industry and subject matter experts. This organization is the reason why most companies are ensuring that they achieve the best practices within their cloud, across the world.
- Is the cloud compliant: When placing workloads on the cloud, make sure that you have conducted certain risk assessments before you go on the cloud. Cloud security compliance standards, once implemented is one of the factors that deals with virtualization issues.
- Does it have a license? Per user, device and enterprise licensing models for the cloud are essentially factors that impact companies. Licensing issues are also present in the open-source cloud models and they need to address at the outset. There may issues to be dealt with such as proprietary licenses, and other traditional licenses.
- Is It Interoperable? Portability within your cloud should be the reason that you are sticking to the cloud. Transferring data from one cloud to another should be the reason that you have selected the convenience provided by the cloud. This will bring forth other important factors to the purview which involves certain standards such as those laid down by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers or IEEE.
- How Scalable is your cloud: The faster you can connect and transfer data on your server, the faster it can upload workloads and store other data. Ensure that you cloud is scalable and brings you the convenience of uploading heavy workload without changing too much in the service contract.
- Evaluate the performance: Your SLA with the cloud should involve factors that allow you the convenience of business continuity and disaster recovery. This will help you measure the performance of the cloud in those critical moments.
It’s vital to have some levels of compliance in any technological advancement to enhance your business prospects. HCL Technologies is one of the technological giants that adhere to the cloud computing standards which is the reason it is in the forefront while delivering innovative SAP Solutions for its clients be it on the cloud, on premise, or through a hybrid approach.
To know more about cloud computing standards and services please visit HCL Technologies.